Academic Advising for ENGR Students at University Park
Engineering Advising Center
208 Hammond Building
University Park, PA 16802
814-863-1033 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Engineering Advising Center (EAC) primarily serves as the academic advising resource for students in pre-major status (ENGR) at University Park. Once students have been admitted to a College of Engineering major, they will be assigned to a faculty adviser in that major.
To request an appointment with an adviser, students at UP (in any college) may use the appointment request link above which will take them to Starfish, call our front desk at 814-863-1033, or stop by 208 Hammond Building. Students who are not at UP may set up a phone appointment with an engineering adviser by calling 814-863-1033. Students should meet with an adviser at least once per semester.
During fall and spring semesters, a faculty member from each of the College’s University Park majors spends three hours per week in the EAC in 208 Hammond Building. For the name of the faculty member representing each major and the day that they are in the EAC, go to the Faculty Adviser Schedule. Meeting with a faculty adviser can be especially helpful when a student is working on long-term scheduling plans (for ROTC, a semester study abroad, concurrent majors, etc.) or would like to learn whether a specific engineering major might be a good fit for his/her interests and goals.
To schedule an appointment with an adviser through Starfish:
- Click on the blue button above, “Make an Appointment with an Adviser Here”
- You might have to log in if you weren’t already in the Starfish system
- You should be in the “Services” tab of Starfish in the University Park—College of Engineering Advising center page
- You will see a list of all the Service Members to choose from to make an appointment. There are several pages of advisers.
- Click on “Schedule Appointment” next to the member profile of the adviser you wish to schedule with (please make sure you are scheduling with the appropriate adviser—general or faculty)
- Click the + icon next to the appointment time that fits your schedule
- Select a reason for the appointment
- Type a detailed description for the meeting to help the adviser prepare for your meeting
- Once you create the appointment, you will get an email confirming the appointment and you will get a reminder closer to the appointment time. Your “Dashboard” will show you all of your appointments.
Regardless of their campus location or major status, students may always contact the EAC for information or referrals. To contact an EAC adviser, email email@example.com. Do NOT use this email address to request an appointment.