Society of Plastics Engineers Color & Appearance Division Scholarship
CH E, M E, I E
The Endowment Scholarship Program offered by the Color & Appearance Division of the Society of Plastics Engineers awards up to five scholarships each year to students who have demonstrated or expressed an interest in the coloring of plastics industry. The students must be majoring in or taking courses that would be beneficial to a career in this industry. This would include, but is not limited to, plastics engineering, polymer science, coloring of plastics, chemistry, physics, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, industrial design and industrial engineering. All applicants must be in good standing with their colleges. Financial need is considered for most scholarships.
1. Applicants for these scholarships must be full-time undergraduate students in either a four-year college or a two-year technical program or enrolled in a graduate program.
2. All applicants must be graduates of public or private high schools.
3. Applicants must have a demonstrated or expressed interest in the coloring of plastics industry.
4. Applicants must be majoring in or taking courses that would be beneficial to a career in the coloring of plastics industry.
5. An applicant must be in good academic standing with his or her school.
6. Preference is given to student members of SPE and also to students who have a parent(s) as a member of the Color & Appearance Division of the SPE.
7. Financial need of an applicant will be considered for most scholarships.
Terms of Award:
Undergraduate and graduate scholarships range up to $4,000 annually. Scholarships are awarded for one year only, but applicants may apply for a re-award for each year they are enrolled in school
1. A completed application form.
2. Three recommendation letters: two from a teacher or school official and one from an employer or non-relative.
3. A high school and/or college transcript for the last two years.
4. An essay by the student (500 words or less) telling why the applicant is applying for the scholarship, the applicant?s qualifications, and the applicant?s educational and career goals in the coloring of plastics industry.
Mail, e-mail or fax the completed form and other necessary paperwork to:
919 Valleyview Road
Pittsburgh PA 15243
Phone: 724 229 5371
Cell: 724 263 5528
E-mail: email@example.com For details on other information that must be submitted with this application, see the Color & Appearance Division Endowment Scholarship Eligibility and Criteria statements.