ASHRAE Baltimore College Scholarship
HVAC&R field of study
The Baltimore Chapter of the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE Region III, Chapter 025) is pleased to offer scholarships to select college students who are pursuing their Bachelor's Degree in an ASHRAE related field of practice. Among other specific criteria, scholarship eligibility is limited to students residing in, or moving to, the Baltimore Chapter assigned geographical area as a permanent resident (students residing outside the area who may otherwise not qualify based on their residence may still apply if intending to move to the Baltimore area upon graduation).
Applicant Minimum Eligibility Requirements (generally, these are grouped by importance**)
1. ASHRAE related engineering field of training.
2. Applicant is in an accredited course in a recognized college or university (or participating in a program preapproved by the ASHRAE Board).
3. Applicant is matriculating for a degree in an ASHRAE-related engineering field.
4. Applicant is residing in, or moving to, the Baltimore Chapter assigned area as a permanent resident.
5. Applicant is working in the Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVAC&R) field.
6. Applicant is the son or daughter of an ASHRAE Baltimore Chapter member, either living or deceased.
7. Applicant has high scholastic standing or grade average from the previous academic year.
8. Financial need.
9. Veteran with an Honorable Discharge or member of United States Armed Services.
Note for Criteria** Points are awarded based on each applicant's demonstration of the above criteria. Criteria items 1 through 5 are weighted greater than items 6 through 9, although all criteria are important in the final consideration of awards.
Terms of Award:
Scholarships are awarded for the academic year following the application deadline and beginning with the fall semester.
All materials must be received together in one envelope, unless you have instructed your college or university to mail your transcript directly to the scholarship chairperson below. If the college mails the transcript for you, that independent mailing must also be postmarked no later than the deadline stated above. Incomplete applications will be disqualified for review by the scholarship committee. In order to request confirmation that your application form has been received by the committee, please include a self addressed, stamped envelope or postcard.
College Scholarship Chairperson
ASHRAE Scholarship Committee
c/o Saqib Ashraf
3701 Commerce Drive, Suite 11
Baltimore, MD 21227
** For additional questions, contact Saqib via email at Saqib.Ashraf@carrier.utc.com, or via phone at 240-278-4611**