PA State Grant Program
Our interactive Pennsylvania Student Aid Guide has the answers. This guide provides a complete overview of the financial aid process, with information on most of Pennsylvania's financial aid programs and services. Find everything you need to know about paying for higher education.
State Grant Program
Other Educational Aid
Aid for Military & PA National Guard
1. Are a high school graduate as stipulated in the Pennsylvania State Grant law
2. Attend a postsecondary school approved by PHEAA for Pennsylvania State Grant purposes
3. Are enrolled at least half-time (defined as at least six semester credits but less than 12 semester credits per semester, or the equivalent)
4. Are enrolled in an approved program of study of at least 2 academic years in length
5. Are enrolled in a program of study where at least 50% of the total credit or clock hours needed for completion of the program are earned through classroom instruction:
6. The program itself must be structured to allow you to complete at least 50% of your credits or clock hours in the classroom.
7. Your enrollment pattern must also consist of at least 50% classroom instruction (unless you have a medical disability (PDF)).
8. Have made satisfactory academic progress (as defined by PHEAA)
9. Not have already earned a bachelor's degree or its equivalent
10. Are a Pennsylvania resident, as stipulated in the Pennsylvania State Grant law
11. Are of satisfactory character (for example, not be incarcerated)
12. Not have received the maximum number of Pennsylvania State Grants permitted
13. Not be in default or pending default on an educational loan. This also applies to any program where the award has been converted to a loan and the loan is in a default status.
14. File and complete the application process by the appropriate deadlines
Terms of Award:
Based on FAFSA form