National Precast Concrete Association (NPCA)
interest in precast concrete industry
The National Precast Concrete Association (NPCA) is sponsoring scholarships for deserving students pursuing a career related to the precast concrete industry. Precast concrete-related careers include professional positions in manufacturing facilities, architectural firms, the specifying community, engineering firms and the general construction industry.
1. The student must be attending or planning to attend an accredited institution of higher learning.
2. The student must be pursuing a course of study in an academic field that is related to the building, construction or precast concrete industry and have it so declared on transcripts.
3. The student must maintain a minimum of 12 credit hours per term of enrollment.
4. The student must submit a class schedule and copy of college acceptance prior to receipt of first installment. The student must submit a copy of his/her semester grade report before the next installment will be mailed.
5. Scholarships awarded will be divided in half with each half being paid at the half year interval (August/September and December/January). The student will not receive payments until grades or transcripts have been received and all criteria have been met.
6. The student must meet a cumulative grade point average of 2.8 on a 4.0 grading schedule. Should the student fall below 2.8, the student will be placed on probation for one term, and the student will receive payment for the academic probation term. Should the student?s grades not meet the 2.8 average for two consecutive terms, the scholarship will be forfeited.
7. If the student follows an internship program prescribed by the academic institution and is part of the student?s academic curriculum, this will be considered a term of study and scholarship payment will be made.
Terms of Award:
Two scholarships per academic year for up to four years.
--- A transcript of high school grades and/or college grades (if applicable) through the last grading period prior to the date of application. The high school transcript must include ACT/SAT scores and class standing.
--- A letter of recommendation from a member of the high school or college faculty (if applicable).
--- A letter of sponsorship from an NPCA member. This is required in order to be considered.
The completed application must be submitted by January 1, 2013 to the Foundation office at:
1320 City Center Drive, Suite 200, Carmel, IN 46032.
or fax it to (317) 571-0041.