CALL FOR PAPERS
The Department of Architectural Engineering at the Pennsylvania State University is pleased to present the 2013 Architectural Engineering Institute (AEI) Conference on April 3-5, 2013.
The Planning Committee invites you to submit a 200-300-word abstract.
Key Submission and Notification Dates
- Abstract submissions: DEADLINE EXTENDED to July 15, 2012. (200-300 word)
- Abstract acceptance: July 20, 2012.
- Full Papers and Workshop Proposal submission: Sept. 30, 2012.
(All paper submissions will be peer reviewed)
- Paper Review Decisions: Mid-November, 2012
- Final Papers due: Dec. 15, 2012.
- Early Registration Deadline: Feb. 1, 2013.
Note: Papers for which no registration has been received by this date will be withdrawn from the conference.
To encourage industry particiation, practitioners are not obliged to submit written papers. They should submit an abstract (by Sep. 30, 2012) that describes their proposed presentation, and instead of a written paper, (by Dec. 15, 2012) submit a PDF version of their presentation for inclusion in the conference proceedings.
Abstracts submissions will be accepted by e-mail to:
Please submit your abstract in one of the following formats: Word, Text, RTF, or PDF. When submitting please be sure to designate the technical area to which your paper correlates (see list below). Abstracts should be no longer than 200-300 words.
The cover letter should mention whether the paper presentation is anticipated to have any special audiovisual requirements other than computer/data projector (Powerpoint). The AEI 2013 Conference Committee will not consider for presentation or publication any paper that has been published or is currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
The conference covers all aspects of architectural engineering. Papers are invited from both practitioners and researchers on the following and related topics:
- Educational Issues in Architectural Engineering
- Case Studies in AEC
- Building Illumination Systems
- International Trends in Buildings
- Building Envelope Systems
- Innovative Building Materials
- Structural Systems
- Building Security
- Innovations in Building Design
- Building Construction Engineering and Management
- Building Failures/Forensics
- Building Acoustics
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Energy Efficiency in Buildings
- Sustainable Buildings
- Architectural Systems
- Building Mechanical Systems
- Building Electrical and Lighting Systems
- Multi-Hazard Building Engineering
- Healthcare Facility Design and Construction
- Innovative and Specialty Buildings
- Tall Buildings
- Facilities Management
- IT Systems for Building Design and Construction
- Integrated Systems
- Building Control Systems
- High Performance Building Systems
- Building Simulation
- Building Retrofits
- Seismic Performance of Buildings
- Historic Preservation of Buildings
WORKSHOPS AND SESSION PROPOSALS
In addition to the above, proposals are invited for special sessions and workshops on focused topics that fall within the overall remit 'Architectural Engineering'. Email session and workshopproposals to Dr. Chimay Anumba.