Distinguished Service Award
The Penn State Engineering Alumni Society Distinguished Service Award recognizes and rewards an alumnus, friend or former faculty member who has donated time, expertise, and energies in the form of outstanding and special service to a department, unit, or to the College.
The name of the award is the "PSEAS Distinguished Service Award." A single award is presented annually. As part of this award, a cash gift of $500 will be made in the recipient's name to a College of Engineering program of the recipient's choice. The recipient's designation will be announced at the annual awards ceremony.
Alumni, friends and former faculty members of the College of Engineering are eligible to receive this award.
All candidates must have:
- performed a special service through a project, task, or sequence of activities which contributes significantly to the enhancement of programs or the welfare of students, faculty, and/or staff of the College;
- performed this service in a manner that substantially exceeds the expectation of a former faculty member, alumnus, or friend of the College.
Nominations may be initiated by engineering students, faculty, department heads, or staff. Each nomination must be submitted to the head of the candidate's academic or other unit for review prior to submission to the Dean's Office.
Each nomination should consist of:
- a completed nomination form which includes specific examples detailing how the nominee embodies the spirit of the award;
- a one-page letter of nomination from the initiator;
- a maximum of three letters of support from faculty, students, staff, or administrators;
- each support letter will be one page in length and will have one signature.
Selection will be made by a committee appointed by the Dean of Engineering. The committee will consist of two former award recipients and PSEAS representatives.
The Office of the Dean will cover the recipient's meals and accommodations if recipient is traveling to campus from out of town to receive the award.
Past recipients are not eligible.