The Engineering Career Resources & Employer Relations office serves both engineering students seeking employment and employers seeking new hires.
Why Refer Students to Us?
- We can help both undergraduate and graduate engineering students prepare to search for co-op, internship, and entry-level full-time employment by providing guidance about how to write résumés, curricula vitae, cover letters, and other job search documents.
- We can provide individual career advising for students, both from our professional advisers and from our Engineering Career Envoys.
- We can help to link students with employment opportunities through eCareer, our online engineering job search system.
- We offer a wide variety of career-related events and activities each academic year, including career fairs, networking receptions, information sessions, and other events that give students and recruiters opportunities to connect.
Why Refer Employers to Us?
- We can help connect them with employment-seeking engineering students through our eCareer online job system, where they can post available positions at their company or organization.
- We can offer personalized advice about how employers can best increase their visibility with engineering students.
- We can help them to increase their "face time" with engineering students through a variety of career-related events on campus, including career fairs, networking receptions, information sessions, and other events.
How We Can Assist You
- We can provide guidance about how to deal with ethical and legal issues that may arise surrounding employer requests for student information as well as student requests for job references and recommendations.
- We can provide access to co-op and internship evaluation data for students who have opted to receive credit for their experience (e.g., those who are registered for ENGR 195, 295, 395, 495, or 595).
- At your request, we can arrange for one of our staff members or for an Engineering Career Envoy to speak in your classroom about career-related topics.
- We can post your available undergraduate or graduate research positions in our eCareer job posting system.