Academic advising is part of each faculty member's job. Although pre-major undergraduates at University Park are assigned to the Engineering Advising Center for academic advising and pre-major students at campuses and University Park students in a major have an assigned adviser, students have the option of consulting with any faculty member.
Faculty members are expected to record a summary of each of their advising contacts, be it in the office, by email, by phone, or in passing. The Electronic Advising Records System (EARS) has been designed for College of Engineering faculty members and to make it easy for them to record summaries of advising meetings.
- Academic Advising Overview
- Using the Electronic Advising Record System (EARS)
- Academic Plans by Campus and Major
- Entrance to Major Courses and Process
- Special Advising Issues for International Students
- Enrollment Control
- Transferring Credits
- Satisfactory Academic Progress for Federal Student Aid
- Entrance to Major Requirements