Study Abroad for a Semester or an Academic Year

There are many choices for students who wish to take courses outside the United States for a semester or an academic year. For instructions on how to search for and pursue study abroad options, continue to the application process. For help in determining the program that may be right for you, please go to our program matrix to identify programs that are currently available for College of Engineering majors. If you do not find a program that is appropriate for you, or if you have questions about any of these programs or the application process, please e-mail for assistance.

Available Programs

There are two main organizations of programs for engineering students wishing to spend a semester of study abroad:

Office of Education Abroad (EA) Programs

The University Office of Global Programs administers many programs. The Education Abroad office is located in 410 Boucke Building, and provides services related to study abroad options to all Penn State students. In the searchable database, programs indicated with EA are managed through this office. Details about these programs can be found on the EA website.

Non-Penn State Programs

EA programs are considered to be Penn State programs. Non-Penn State Programs refer to any other study abroad programs not offered through EA. If a student is interested in participating in a Non-Penn State program, there are special rules and considerations regarding participation. Students should refer to the EA website regarding Non-Penn State programs for details.