Integrated Design Solutions (IDS) is a network of Penn State resources that accelerate industry ideas from concept to market.
IDS provides technical expertise for both product development and process improvement.
IDS provides students with experiential learning opportunities that complement their academic education changing engineering students into World-Class Engineers.
IDS provides technical scoping and project management to facilitate collaboration between industry and Penn State to ensure project success and ultimately create long-term partnerships.
- Data Collection & Analysis, Modeling & Simulation
- Engineering Design
- Electronic, CAD, & Mechanical Design
- Additive Manufacturing, Rapid Prototyping, & Materials Specification
- Design for Manufacturing
- Process Improvement & Supply Chain
- Follow-on Partnerships
- SBIR/STTR Proposal Collaboration
- Tech Commercialization Assistance
- Lab Automation
- Manufacturing Prove-out
- Product Launch Support
- Single-point networked access to University-wide expertise
- Exposure to future world-class engineers
- Industry-friendly IP policies
- Simplified 1-page, fixed-price agreement
- Assigned project manager/client interface
- Timely scheduling
- Long-term partnerships with a leading engineering research institution
- Assistance with proposal development & agreement execution