William & Wyllis Leonhard Engineering Scholars Program
The William and Wyllis Leonhard Engineering Scholars Program is a merit-based scholarship program for outstanding students in the College of Engineering. Through the Leonhards' generosity, this program offers students of exceptionally high ability and motivation an opportunity for study, financial support, leadership development, and enhancement activities at one of the nation's premier colleges of engineering. The overall goal of the program is to assist students in becoming World-Class Engineers.
Benefits for Leonhard Scholars Program
- Scholarship Support of $2,750 each semester, renewable for up to eight semesters as long as eligibility is maintained.
- Support for Study Abroad through the Leonhard Center for the Enhancement of Engineering Education.
- Personal Development through advising from the Director of the Leonhard Center and involvement in special activities including interaction with eminent leaders and practicing engineers from business and industry who serve on the Leonhard Center Advisory Board. In addition, the Leonhard Scholars are invited to participate in workshops on topics such as leadership and ethics.
- Improving engineering education at Penn State by providing input to the Leonhard Center on issues related to teaching and learning.
- Participation in special academic programs aimed in developing World-Class Engineering skills such as Study Abroad, the Engineering Leadership Development Minor, and the Engineering Entrepreneurship Minor.