College of Engineering announces faculty promotions
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. -- The College of Engineering recently announced that 13 faculty members have been selected for promotions.
To be considered for tenure or promotion, a faculty member should have demonstrated accomplishments in the areas of: (1) scholarship of teaching and learning; (2) scholarship of research and creative accomplishments; and (3) service and the scholarship of service to the University, society, and the profession.
Promotion to the rank of associate professor is based upon both actual performance and potential for continued growth and development. In addition to being promoted to associate professor, the following five faculty members were approved for tenure:
- Necdet S. Aybat, Harold and Inge Marcus Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering;
- Manish Kumar, chemical engineering department;
- Scarlett R. Miller, School of Engineering Design, Technology, and Professional Programs;
- Jason Z. Moore, mechanical and nuclear engineering department; and
- Conrad S. Tucker, School of Engineering Design, Technology, and Professional Programs.
For promotion to professor, a faculty member should be recognized by professional peers as an authority or leader in a major area of professional activity. The individual’s record of performance and external letters of assessment should clearly demonstrate important and recognized contributions. Those selected for promotion to professor are:
- Bruce J. Gluckman, engineering science and mechanics department;
- Kathryn W. Jablokow, Penn State Great Valley, School of Engineering Design, Technology, and Professional Programs;
- Keefe B. Manning, biomedical engineering department;
- Matthew B. Parkinson, School of Engineering Design, Technology, and Professional Programs;
- Sofya Raskhodnikova, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science;
- David R. Riley, architectural engineering department;
- Robert Rioux, chemical engineering department; and
- Nanyin Zhang, biomedical engineering department.