Patrick Fox named Big Ten Academic Alliance Department Executive Officer Fellow
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. -- The Big Ten Academic Alliance (BTAA) Department Executive Officers (DEO) Program has gained five additional Fellows from the Penn State ranks. The BTAA is the academic consortium of the Big Ten universities. Through its leadership program, participants who have demonstrated leadership ability through University administrative assignments or through other significant leadership positions in public, private or professional organizations, are aided in further developing their leadership and managerial skills.
Those selected from Penn State for the 2017-18 program have been chosen because of their significant contributions and potential to continue to undertake key leadership responsibilities, which will benefit the unit, University and the individual. Participants are:
- Fuyuan Shen, head of the Department of Advertising/Public Relations, Bellisario College of Communications
- Patrick Fox, head of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, College of Engineering
- Rebecca Miller, associate librarian and head of Library Learning Services, University Libraries
- Peter Hopsicker, associate professor of kinesiology, head of the Division of Education, Human Development and Social Sciences, Penn State Altoona
- Doug Kennett, professor and head of the Department of Anthropology, College of the Liberal Arts
The DEO Fellows will participate in a three-day seminar Nov. 9-11 at the Big Ten Center in Chicago. The seminar will include topics on departmental leadership skills and the challenges facing DEOs, as well as address broader issues.
For more information on the BTAA, visit www.btaa.org.