Special Living Options for Engineering Students

If you’re interested in living on campus while studying at University Park, you may want to consider one of the four engineering special living options.

Living in one of these locations is a great way to meet friends with the same interests and academic programs, learn more about engineering and engineering careers, and benefit from academic and social programs. These living options are typically located on designated floors or in designated sections of particular residence halls, and participation in the special academic and social activities is expected of all residents. Programming includes tutoring and career development activities.

Placement in these special living options is determined by student application and according to the rules and practices of the particular housing location.

Engineering House (E-House)

Engineering House (E-House) is located in McKee Hall in the West Housing Area and is only available to undergraduate students in the College of Engineering, regardless of semester standing and is co-ed by wing. Programs in E-House include a variety social, professional, and academic activities that are of particular interest and relevance to College of Engineering students. Students wishing to live in E-House must make a commitment to participate in the activities (academic and social) that make it a distinctive living/learning experience. Please note: Returning E-House residents who maintain the required activity level have priority for returning to E-House. Learn more »

First Year in Science and Engineering (FISE) House

The FISE special living option is located in Ritner Hall in the Pollock Housing Area. FISE is available only to first-year students. Students from FISE are eligible (not guaranteed) to move to E-House in their second and subsequent years; alternatively, they may choose EASI, WISE, or other housing options. Learn more »

Engineering and Applied Science Interest (EASI) House

Engineering and Applied Science Interest (EASI) House is located in Wolf Hall in the Pollock Housing Area, and is available to undergraduate students in engineering and science majors. EASI House is open to students in all semester standings. A faculty adviser is assigned to EASI House and a special College of Engineering first-year seminar is available to its residents. Learn more »

Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) House

Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) House is located in Wolf Hall in the Pollock Housing Area. It is open to undergraduate women in science and engineering majors in all semester standings. This interest house receives advising and some support from the Women in Science and Engineering Institute, part of the Office of Educational Equity. Learn more »

Application for Special Living Options

If you’re a prospective College of Engineering student planning to attend University Park and want to apply for one of these special living options, please note that it is a two-step process:

  • Step 1: Complete the College of Engineering Special Living Option Online Application Form.
  • Step 2: Indicate your preference for FISE House, EASI House, E-House, or WISE House on the Housing and Food Services Contract in eLiving once you have accepted your admission offer.

Transfer Students

Students who are transferring to the University Park campus must first request a housing contract and specifically note your preference for EASI House, E-House, or WISE on the contract.

Other Special Living Options

There are also a variety of non-engineering-oriented special living options at University Park that may be of interest to you. Students who are attending campuses other than University Park should contact Housing, Food Services, and Residence Life for information about housing options at their campus of choice.

For questions about this process, please email engr@admissions.psu.edu.