The Penn State student chapter of the American Society of Civil Engineers recently won the ASCE 2015 Richard J. Scranton Outstanding Community Service Award for their efforts with Bridges to Prosperity.
Dan Fulton, retired president and CEO of Weyerhaeuser Company, will deliver the 2015 Hankin Lecture at 4 p.m. on Nov. 11 at the Nittany Lion Inn.
The College of Engineering will be honored with two volunteer group awards from the Penn State Alumni Association.
Leaders of the Future Conference
Nittany Lion Inn
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Details: ELDM 20th Anniversary Celebration
Film Screening and Writer/Producer Q&A: Switch: Discover the Future of Energy
117 HUB (Freeman Auditorium)
6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Departments and Degree Programs
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agricultural and Biological Engineering
- Architectural Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Engineering Science and Mechanics
- Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
- Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering
- School of Engineering Design, Technology, and Professional Programs
- Engineering Energy and Environmental Institute
- Facilities Engineering Institute
- Institute for Natural Gas Research
- Larson Pennsylvania Transportation Institute
Centers and Labs
- Battery & Energy Storage Technology (BEST) Center
- Center for Engineering Design and Entrepreneurship
- Center for Combustion, Power, and Propulsion
- Center for Integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems
- Center for Neural Engineering
- Electrochemical Engine Center
- Indoor Environment Center
- Protective Technology Center
Message from the Dean
What are the indispensable features of a world-class college of engineering?
Vibrant educational programs that exhibit breadth, depth, technical diversity, innovative research, and products that directly impact the quality of life of global citizens, and a responsive community of intellectuals that is focused on serving the technical profession and society.
Penn State Engineering exhibits all of the above.
Our faculty and staff are amongst the best in the nation, and the world. Their deep commitment to educating the world-class engineer is unwavering, and their contributions to addressing today's grand challenges are acclaimed.
With a firm grounding in fundamentals, Penn State Engineering embraces multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary education and research, and integrates component solutions into a systems perspective. With 12 departments and schools offering undergraduate and graduate degrees in a broad spectrum of engineering disciplines and computer science, and with over 30 research centers and laboratories, we are one of the nation's leading academies of learning, discovery, and application. Our work is intertwined with industry, both at our doorstep in Pennsylvania and further afield, thus affording our students unparalleled training and employment opportunities.
On behalf of the Penn State Engineering family, it is my immense honor and pleasure to welcome you to our website, and I hope to welcome you to our College in the near future.
Amr S. Elnashai, FREng
The Harold and Inge Marcus Dean of Engineering