Outstanding Staff Award
The Penn State Engineering Alumni Society Outstanding Staff Award recognizes outstanding performance of a staff member.
The name of the award is "PSEAS Outstanding Staff Award." Each recipient receives $750 and a memento. Funding is made possible through annual gifts from Engineering alumni and friends. The award is presented annually to a maximum of three full-time staff members. Fewer recipients may be selected at the discretion of the Dean of the College.
All staff members who hold full-time status for at least nine months each year, including Technical Service employees, are eligible.
All candidates must have:
- completed at least three years of full-time staff service in the College of Engineering prior to nomination
- demonstrated successful performance as a staff member by combining competence of skills, knowledge or subject matter,
and successful interaction with others; expected characteristics include, but are not limited to:
- positive attitude, cooperation, and courteous interactions with co-workers, peers, or the general public
- initiative, quality of work, and effectiveness in carrying-out job responsibilities
- commitment to performing in a professional manner
- dedication to and knowledge of the mission of their own work unit, the College of Engineering, and Penn State
- outstanding contributions to the goals of the work unit and the College through significant dedication and/or leadership
- demonstrated interest in self-development
- performed in a manner that substantially exceeds the normal expectation for a staff member
Nominations may be initiated by Engineering staff, students, faculty, and administrators. Each nomination must be submitted to the head of the candidate's academic or other unit for review prior to submission to the Dean's Office. Each unit may nominate only one employee for this award. Each nomination should consist of:
- a completed nomination form which includes specific examples detailing how the nominee embodies the spirit of the award;
- a one-page letter of nomination from the initiator;
- a maximum of three letters of support from College personnel, University personnel, students, alumni, and/or friends of the College;
- each support letter will be one page in length and will have one signature.
Selection will be made by a committee appointed by the Dean of Engineering. The committee will consist of PSEAS representatives and the Director of Alumni Relations.
Past recipients are not eligible for a period of five years.