Welcome to Tom Weaver's AE Senior Thesis e-Portfolio
Research tools utilized within Franklin Square Hospital Center.
The following software program were used to assist in the design and analysis calculations
- ETABS Nonlinear Version 9.5.0 – Extended 3D Analysis of Building System – Copyright © 1948-2008 Computer &Structures, Inc.
- ADAPT-PT Version 8.00 Plus – Copyright © ADAPT Corporation 1980-2008
- pcaColum v3.64 – Copyright ©1988-2005 Portland Cement Association
- AutoCAD 2010 – Copyright © 2009 autodesk, Inc.
- RSMeans CostWorks – Copyright © 2010 RSMeans
The following design codes were used to assist in the design and analysis calculations
- ASCE 7-50 Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures” – American Society of Civil Engineers
- “ACI 318-08 Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete” – American Concrete Institute
- “International Building Code 2006” – International Code Council
The following firm/companies provided design documents for the original building as designed and built in Baltimore, MD
- Rathgeber/Gross Associates – Structural – Rockville MD
- Wilmont/Zanz Inc. – Architectural – Gaithersburg MD
- Bovis Lend Lease – Construction Management – Bethesda MD
The following works cited were used for concrete design and general seismic design research
- Wight, James K., and James G. MacGregor. Reinforced Concrete - Mechanics and Design. 5th ed. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Pearson Education. Print.
- “Post-Tensioned Concrete Wall and Frames for Seismic Resistance – A Case Study of the David Brower Center.” Web. 12 Jan 2010. <ftp://ftp2.bentley.com/dist/collateral/docs/ram_concept/cs_brower_seaoc_convention.pdf>