References and Work Cited
- Almaxco. (2012). Aluminum Composite Panels. Singapore: Maxgrow Pte Ltd.
- American Concrete Institute, ACI-318. (2011). Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete and Commentary. Farmington Hills, MI.
- American Institute of Steel Construction. (2011). Steel Construction Manual (Fourteenth ed.). American Institute of Steel Construction.
- American Society of Civil Engineers. (2010). ASCE-7 10, Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures. Reston, VA.
- American Wood Council. (2013). National Design Specification (NDS) for Wood Construction with Commentary 2012 Edition. Leeburg, VA.
- APA - The Engineered Wood Association. (2009). Calculating Fire Resistance of Glulam Beams and Columns. Tacoma.
- Balogh, J., Fragiacomo, M., Gutkowski, R. M., & Fast, R. S. (2008, March). Inﬂuence of Repeated and Sustained Loading on the Performance of Layered Wood–Concrete Composite Beams. Journal of Structural Engineering, 134(3), 430-439.
- Brown, K., Gutkowki, R., Natterer, J., & Shigidi, A. (2008, June). Laboratory tests of composite wood-concrete beams. Construction and Building Materials, 22(6), 1059-1066.
- Clouston, P., & Schreyer, A. (2008, November). Design and Use of Wood–Concrete Composites. Practice Periodical on Structural Design and Construction, 13(4), 167-174.
- Clouston, P., Bathon, L. A., & Schreyer, A. (2005, September). Shear and Bending Performance of a Novel Wood–Concrete Composite System. Journal of Structural Engineers, 131(9), 1404-1412.
- European Committee for Standardization. (2004). EN 1995: Design of timber structures. European Committee for Standardization.
- Fragiacomo, M., Gutkowski, R. M., Balogh, J., & Fast, R. S. (2007, September). Long-Term Behavior of Wood-Concrete Composite Floor/Deck Systems with Shear Key Connection Detail. Journal of Structural Engineering, 133(9), 1307-1315.
- Gelfii, P., Giuriani, E., & Marini, A. (2002, December). Stud Shear Connection Design for Composite Concrete Slab and Wood Beams. Journal of Structural Engineering, 128(12), 1544-1550.
- Gutkowski, R. M., Balogh, J., & To, L. G. (2010, June). Finite-Element Modeling of Short-Term Field Response of Composite Wood-Concrete Floors/Decks. Journal of Structural Engineering, 136(6), 707-714.
- Heifer International. (2014). Heifer International | Charity Ending Hunger and Poverty. Retrieved from Heifer International: http://www.heifer.org/
- Henrique Jorge de Oliveira Negrão, J., Miguel Maia de Oliveira, F., Alexandra Leitão de Oliveira, C., & Barreto Cachim, P. (2010, October). Glued Composite Timber-Concrete Beams. II: Analysis and Tests of Beam Specimens. Journal of Structural Engineering, 136(10), 1246-1254.
- International Code Council. (2009). International Building Code. International Code Council.
- Macalloy Bar & Cable Systems. (2014, February 6). Macalloy Tensile Structure Systems. Sheffield, South Yorkshire S25, United Kingdom.
- Nucor Corporate. (2013). Vulcraft Deck Catalog. Retrieved from Vulcraft: http://www.vulcraft.com/
- Owens Corning Insultating Systems, LLC. (2007). Thermal Batt FIBERGLAS Insulation. Toledo: Owens Corning.
- Robinson, K., & Ames, D. (2000, January). Steel Plate Shear Walls: Library Seismic Upgrade. Modern Steel Construction.
- Schneider III, W. G. (2014). BE 462 - Design of Wood Structures. The Pennsylvania State University.
- Showalter, J. (2012). Connection Solutions for Wood-frame Structures. The American Institute of Architects Continuing Education Systems. American Wood Council.
- Simpson Strong-Tie. (2014). LGU/MGU/HGU/HHGU High Capacity Girder Hangers for Glulam. Retrieved from Simpson Strong-Tie: http://www.strongtie.com/
- Swenson, J. O., & Black, J. (2013, April). A Worthy Wager. STRUCTURE magazine, pp. 26-29.
- U.S. Geological Survey. (2013, July). U.S. Seismic Design Maps. Retrieved from U.S. Geological Survey: http://www.usgs.gov/
- Yeoh, D., Fragiacomo, M., Franceschi, M., & Boon, K. (2011, October). State of the Art on Timber-Concrete Composite Structures: Literature Review. Journal of Structural Engineering, 137(10), 1085-1095.
While great efforts have been taken to provide accurate and complete information on the pages of CPEP, please be aware that the information contained herewithin is considered a work-in-progress for this thesis project. Modifications and changes related to the original building designs and construction methodologies for this senior thesis project are solely the interpretation of Sikandar Porter-Gill. Changes and discrepancies in no way imply that the original design contained errors or was flawed. Differing assumptions, code references, requirements, and methodologies have been incorporated into this thesis project; therefore, investigation results may vary from the original design.